Information & service
During the time between 1.2. and 9.2. all visitors can visit the exhibition "Caline Aoun: seeing is believing" with a reduced ticket. The new exhibition, Xenia Hausner - “This will have been another happy day!” will be prepared for you.
U-Bahn: U2, Haltestelle Hausvogteiplatz; U6, station Französische Straße
S-Bahn: S1, S2, S3, S5, S7, S9, station Friedrichstraße
Bus: 100, 245, 300, station Staatsoper
Guests arriving by car can use the fee based parking facility at Unter den Linden/Staatsoper (access via Behrenstraße 37).
Tickets & Guided Tours
Reduced: € 6
- Senior citizens 65 years and older
- School students, trainees, university students
- Federal voluntary service providers and participants in a voluntary social, cultural, or economic year
- Transfer payment recipients, Berlin Pass holders
- Severely disabled (confirmed with B in the disability card)
- With groups of 10 or more (€ 8 per person)
When bought online proof of eligibility for a discount has to be presented at the PalaisPopulaire.
- Every Monday
- Holders of the Palais365 pass
- DB ArtCard holders
- ICOM cardholders
- Children and young people under 18
- Schoolclasses and accompanying people (after prior registration)
- Acknowledged companions of a severely disabled person
- Individuels: € 80 plus admission fee
- Schoolclasses: free admission
every Saturday (in english) and Sunday (in german) 3 - 4 pm
Admission tickets can be purchased at the ticket shop and at the cash desk
Palais365 – the Annual Pass
With the Palais365 pass you and your guests can experience art, culture, and sports for an entire year, as often as you like. At the PalaisPopulaire you can look forward to international exhibitions, exciting events, readings, and workshops. We are looking forward to seeing you!
One year of free admission to our exhibitions for you and one accompanying person.
One year of reduced admission for you to many events.
The Palais365 pass costs € 50
The annual pass can only be purchased at the cash desk of the PalaisPopulaire.
You can find information about our current events here :
Find out more about certifications on Reisen für Alle (only available in German).
For visitors with restricted mobility and visitors with strollers the PalaisPopulaire can be accessed via a ramp at the main entrance on Bebelplatz. All exhibition rooms are stepless or can be reached by elevator. There is a wheelchair-accessible lavatory on the ground floor.
For security reasons, we reserve the right to regulate access to the exhibition rooms of people with strollers (e.g. when there is a large number of visitors). There is a space where you can store a stroller.
The nearest barrier-free U-Bahn, S-Bahn, and regional train station is Friedrichstrasse (U6, S1, S2, S3, S5, S7, S9, S25, S26, RE1, RE2, RE7, RB14, RB21, RB22), approx. 1.2 km away. Find more information here.
To make it easier for visitors with disabilities to get to the PalaisPopulaire, we recommend using the free VBB (the Berlin and Brandenburg transportation agency) bus and train escort services. You can find booking details and more information here.
You can find out more about our barrier-free offers here.
Parking near the PalaisPopulaire (approx. 400 m)
For persons with reduced mobility there is the possibility to park in the "Staatsoper" parking garage at Bebelplatz in reserved places.
At the PalaisPopulaire
All exhibition rooms can be reached by elevator or without steps. The ground floor and basement each have a WC suitable for wheelchairs.
The museum area extends over 4 floors and has an elevator. All exhibition rooms are stepless.
It is possible to take a guide dog with you. For blind and visually impaired visitors, a tactile floor plan, tactile images of individual exhibits, the exhibition flyer, and a restaurant menu in Braille are available for your visit at the museum counter. If you need help, please contact the museum counter.
Access to the PalaisPopulaire
Main entrance via the terrace
- Stone staircase 5 steps with railing
- 3 steps to the entrance without railing
- Door at entrance opens automatically inwards, 2-leaf, 1.30 m wide
Main entrance via ramp
- The PalaisPopulaire is accessible to disabled visitors with pushchairs or wheelchairs via a ramp at the main entrance on Bebelplatz
- Ramp runs 22 m along the terrace. Incline 6%, width 1.20 m
- Ramp at the entrance is 5.75 m long with an incline of 6.5%.
- Door opens automatically inwards, 1-leaf, width 1.30 m
Access to the exhibition rooms
- Door for exhibition opens automatically to the outside, 2-leaf, width 1.55
- Showroom doors open automatically, 1 sliding door, width 1.30 m
- Floor space 1.40 x 2.40 m
- Door width 1.13 m
- Elevator door height 2.20 m
Barrier-free sanitary facilities (gender-neutral)
- Bottom floor via elevator, 2 doors (not automatic) open inwards (1st door) and outwards (2nd door): width 1.13 m, movement area 2.32 x 3.96 m, moving right and left of WC, handles left and right foldable, height of WC seat 48 cm, emergency call available
- Ground floor right of entrance: door opens to the outside, width 1.13 m, movement area 2.00 x 2.71 m, moving right and left of WC, handles can be folded left and right, height of WC seat 48 cm, emergency calls available
For safety reasons, we reserve the right to regulate access to exhibition rooms with baby carriages if necessary (e.g. in the event of a large number of visitors). Parking spaces are available for baby carriages.