Information & service
We ask you to note the following before taking in the exhibition:
- Please book your free time slot ticket before your visit.
- As of March 31, 2021, admission will only be granted upon presentation of a negative written test result that is valid for the day. Free testing stations in Berlin can be found here. Self-tests are not permitted.
- Please identify yourself with an identification document (ID, passport, student card).
- It is mandatory to wear an FFP2 mask.
- The generally applicable distance and hygiene rules apply throughout the building and in the exhibition rooms.
- In accordance with the regulations of the State of Berlin, documentation of attendance is required.
- Please understand that if you do not comply with these official requirements, we will not be able to admit you to the PalaisPopulaire.
- The PalaisPopulaire is making every effort to ensure that visitors can enter as smoothly as possible, but asks for your understanding in case there are waiting times.
- Please stay at home if you show signs of illness or respiratory symptoms. If you had close contact with a sick person within the last two weeks, you should stay at home.
- Events, guided tours, and group offers will not take place until further notice. Should new developments occur, we will inform you immediately on this website or via our newsletter.
Find out more about certifications on Reisen für Alle (only available in German).
For visitors with restricted mobility and visitors with strollers the PalaisPopulaire can be accessed via a ramp at the main entrance on Bebelplatz. All exhibition rooms are stepless or can be reached by elevator. There is a wheelchair-accessible lavatory on the ground floor.
For security reasons, we reserve the right to regulate access to the exhibition rooms of people with strollers (e.g. when there is a large number of visitors). There is a space where you can store a stroller.
The nearest barrier-free U-Bahn, S-Bahn, and regional train station is Friedrichstrasse (U6, S1, S2, S3, S5, S7, S9, S25, S26, RE1, RE2, RE7, RB14, RB21, RB22), approx. 1.2 km away. Find more information here.
To make it easier for visitors with disabilities to get to the PalaisPopulaire, we recommend using the free VBB (the Berlin and Brandenburg transportation agency) bus and train escort services. You can find booking details and more information here.
You can find out more about our barrier-free offers here.
Parking near the PalaisPopulaire (approx. 400 m)
For persons with reduced mobility there is the possibility to park in the "Staatsoper" parking garage at Bebelplatz in reserved places.
At the PalaisPopulaire
All exhibition rooms can be reached by elevator or without steps. The ground floor and basement each have a WC suitable for wheelchairs.
The museum area extends over 4 floors and has an elevator. All exhibition rooms are stepless.
It is possible to take a guide dog with you. For blind and visually impaired visitors, a tactile floor plan, tactile images of individual exhibits, the exhibition flyer, and a restaurant menu in Braille are available for your visit at the museum counter. If you need help, please contact the museum counter.
Access to the PalaisPopulaire
Main entrance via the terrace
- Stone staircase 5 steps with railing
- 3 steps to the entrance without railing
- Door at entrance opens automatically inwards, 2-leaf, 1.30 m wide
Main entrance via ramp
- The PalaisPopulaire is accessible to disabled visitors with pushchairs or wheelchairs via a ramp at the main entrance on Bebelplatz
- Ramp runs 22 m along the terrace. Incline 6%, width 1.20 m
- Ramp at the entrance is 5.75 m long with an incline of 6.5%.
- Door opens automatically inwards, 1-leaf, width 1.30 m
Access to the exhibition rooms
- Door for exhibition opens automatically to the outside, 2-leaf, width 1.55
- Showroom doors open automatically, 1 sliding door, width 1.30 m
- Floor space 1.40 x 2.40 m
- Door width 1.13 m
- Elevator door height 2.20 m
Barrier-free sanitary facilities (gender-neutral)
- Bottom floor via elevator, 2 doors (not automatic) open inwards (1st door) and outwards (2nd door): width 1.13 m, movement area 2.32 x 3.96 m, moving right and left of WC, handles left and right foldable, height of WC seat 48 cm, emergency call available
- Ground floor right of entrance: door opens to the outside, width 1.13 m, movement area 2.00 x 2.71 m, moving right and left of WC, handles can be folded left and right, height of WC seat 48 cm, emergency calls available
For safety reasons, we reserve the right to regulate access to exhibition rooms with baby carriages if necessary (e.g. in the event of a large number of visitors). Parking spaces are available for baby carriages.